Learn how to protect your home or business with the best electric slide gate openers on the market.
If you want your home to be safer, you may consider adding a gate opener. Gates help improve privacy, protect your home or business from unwanted intruders, and increase overall security.
There are several different types of gate openers, including automatic gate openers that swing, slide, or are overhead operators. Each has different benefits and uses.
Choosing the best gate for your situation is important. Many choose electric slide gate openers for the added convenience of opening the gate automatically and increased security, even in a power outage.
Electric slide gate operators often require less space than other operators since sliding gates only need to retract to the side of the gate instead of inwards or outwards. This is particularly important if the gate is close to the road or doesn't have a lot of extra space around the gate. Sliding gate openers are also ideal for steep driveways and result in no damage to the bottom of the gate.
With so many gate operators on the market, we are going to go through the best electric slide gate openers for your home or business.
What is an Electric gate opener?
An electric gate opener is a mechanized arm that allows your automatic gate to open and close. The signal is sent from a form of access control, such as a keypad or remote control that tells the gate to open or close.
This may seem confusing, but in reality, there isn’t much of a difference between an electric gate opener and a garage door opener. Much like an automatic garage door opener, a signal is sent that initiates movement in the gate opener arm.
Electric sliding gate openers are an advanced form of the traditional sliding gates. They are extremely easy to operate and the main benefit of an electric sliding gate opener is that they can be controlled remotely as well.
This means that you can get inside of your property without having to get out of your car and open the gate. Security meets convenience when combined with a remote or mobile app, making it easier than ever to operate an electric sliding gate.
Benefits of Electric Gate Openers
There are many benefits to having an electric slide gate opener.
- Increased security. Criminals are less likely to target your home or business if there is an electric gate opener and secure fence along the perimeter of your property.
- Family safety. Toddlers, children, and pets are less likely to roam off of your property, helping to keep the most curious and adventurous members of your family safe. Prevent the most vulnerable members of your family from getting hurt by keeping them safely inside your property.
- Curb appeal. Residential gates are available in tons of different colors, styles, and designs, making them not only secure, but a beautiful part of your home’s curb appeal. Gates don’t have to look unsightly, but can instead complement your landscaping perfectly, making it a great choice for homeowners or value security and great looks!
- Increase your property value. Residential and commercial gates improve security and the look of your property, which can help increase the value of your property. This is important to consider as electric gate openers can be a large investment. Homeowners often find that their Return on Investment is high when it comes time to sell their home, property, or business.
- Lower insurance premiums. Insurance companies review many factors when determining your premiums. Security gates can help protect your property, which can also save you a lot of money on insurance premiums. This can add up to big savings over the year!
- Convenience. Electric slide gate openers are convenient as you can access them with a remote control and they can easily be opened during an emergency.
Finding the Right Electric Gate
An electric slide gate opener is a great way to keep you and your family safe. Finding the right electric gate can seem complicated. There are many features, price points, and different things to consider. Find the right electric gate so that you make the most out of your investment. Here are some important things to consider when deciding on an electric slide gate opener.
- Security. Gates should be strong and difficult to break into while also providing safety during an emergency situation.
- Durability. The entry gate should be of high quality, especially when it will be used on a daily basis. A gate should be an investment that you can use for many years to come, and as such, should be highly durable and of good quality.
- Useability. The gate should be easily used with a remote control, smartphone, or other device. You should always be able to get in and out of your home. You should look for features that can add ease to your gate’s usability.
- Appearance. Consider the appearance of your gate so that it compliments your home, which not only looks nice but can aid in raising the sellability of your home.
- Emergency Release. This will allow you to operate the gates in the event of power failure or outage. All of the following residential and commercial gate operators allow for emergency release, giving you peace of mind and high security, no matter what!
Best Residential Gates
To choose the best residential electric slide gate opener, it’s important to understand what you need and the features you’re looking for. We’ve compiled some of the best operator gates around.
The AVI Residential Sliding Operator Gate
The AVI Residential Sliding Operator Gate with a capacity of 14’ and 200 LBS is the first of its kind. It looks beautiful with a powder coated steel construction. It’s reliable and has installer friendly features.
- ½ horsepower continuous duty motor
- State of the state of the art AC mini board.
- An optional post mount kit is available for applications that require it.
- In a situation where power is lost, a gate can be manually opened with a crank.
- Includes 17’ of #41 nickel plated chain, the EG650 Eagle chrome receiver, 1-EG642Eagle transmitter
- 3 year warranty
- 3 color options: Grey, Bronze and White.
This sliding gate operator has the same engineering and quality of its larger counterparts, but is made for smaller residential gates up to 18 feet or 300 lbs.
- Easy installation
- Nickel-plated chain and no weld chain kit
- ½ horsepower motor
- State of the art AC motor with access to mini control board
- 5 year warranty
This gate is perfect for smaller residential applications and is perfect to increase your security!
The Eagle- 1000 Series comes with a Gate Capacity of 27’ and 600 LBS. This model is highly rated because of its durability and continuous duty. This gate is designed for both residential and light commercial applications.
The Eagle 1000 series is equipped with our Diamond control Board. This gate is one of the most highly rated, innovative, and feature-filled gate operators in the industry.
The Eagle-1000 Series comes in three different models.
- Eagle-1000-FSF. This model is fail safe and allows you to push the gate open during an emergency. The gate cannot be pushed open when there is power, making it safe and secure, no matter the circumstances.
- Eagle-1000-FSC. This model allows you to open the gate with the use of a crank during a power outage and can’t be opened when there is power supplied. It cannot be manually pushed open without tools
- Eagle-1000-FR. This is a foot release model that allows you to open with the use of a foot pedal if there is a power outage. The model can’t be pushed open manually.
Each of these models has extremely sturdy construction. State of the art features and cutting edge technologies mean that your gate will operate smoothly in all conditions. The high quality stainless steel of each model prevents rust and damage, allowing you to enjoy your gate operator for many years to come. When paired with a security system, these make your house and/or business extremely safe.
Best Commercial Gate Openers
As a business owner, you know how important it is to protect what you have. Not only do you likely have cash and other valuables present, you likely have documents carrying vital business information. Accounting files, client lists, business plans, and other documents with official data are very important to keep safe. Safeguard your business with a security fence and commercial electric slide gate opener.
- Eagle-2000-FSF. This powerful model has a gate capacity of 45’ and 1000 lbs. In this fail safe model, you just push the gate open when there is a power outage for easy access in the event of an emergency. The gate can’t be pushed open when power is on, making it safe and secure.
- Eagle-2000-FSC. This fail secure model with a gate capacity of 45’ and 1000 lbs allows you to open the gate with a crank during a power outage and cannot be manually pushed open.
- Eagle-2000-FR. This is a Foot Release model taht allows you to use a foot pedal to push open the gate during a power outdate
- 2000-FR-1HP is a heavier application that has a 1 horsepower motor build for gates up to 2000 lbs and 45’
These models come loaded with standard features, including:
- Open/Close Delay
- One Pass (No Tailgating!)
- Motor Brake
- Partial Open
- Customizable auto-close timer between 1 and 60 seconds
All of these gates have a 5 year warranty for commercial applications and a 7 year warranty in residential applications, giving you peace of mind for your investment!
Before You Go
There are so many variables when choosing the right type of electric gate opener. It depends on how often you plan to use the gate, how much space you have, the land that the gate is on, and more. Since this is such a worthwhile investment that you will take advantage of for many years to come, it’s important to give a lot of thought to the decision.
Each gate is different. Make sure to consult with a professional before deciding on what type of electric gate opener might be best for you. Eagle Operators have distributors, dealers, and installers all over the country, making installation a breeze. A qualified contractor can help look at your gate, location, and more to determine the best option for your residential or commercial needs.
Residential and community gate operators are designed for security and convenience. Eagle Gate Operators are dedicated to customer satisfaction, quality workmanship, and excellence. We’re always innovating and providing cutting edge applications for each product so you can protect your property, family, and business.